1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can 1 still make it in the hosting business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dizzy001, Aug 16, 2010.

1)can one still make it in the hosting business,i'm planning to start a free webhost with my ads placed on it and clients can upgrade to paid hosting
    i'm planning to use free hosting manager, but i was wondering,nowadays when someone talks about starting an online business whereby people pay its only hosting that they say,so is this hosting still going to be profitable since there are like 100 million out there.

2) Supposing the hosting market is like filled up and like a worldwide web rule is set up that no one should establish any hosting company again( JUST SUPPOSING ) What would you do as a business whereby people pay,or that is as profitable as webhosting
    In order words,what are the alternatives to webhosting business ?

dizzy001, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  2. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    If you are dedicated you can almost make it in any business.

With alternatives. I am not very familiar with the hosting business but it is like any business I guess, start building with something small and keep on building just dont start big.

For example start with virtual hosting of Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal or other opensource CMSes. Later your can go further on with business packages or VPS etc..

dennisb, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  3. theurbantwist

theurbantwist Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From personal experience yes and no. I used to run a web host and design business and even though I was making a hundred here and a hundred here, the time I put into running the business wasn't worth it. It was a 24 hour job and I didn't have time to pursue my true passion of filmmaking so I cut back and just designed websites occasionally and promoted affiliate programs for hosting and I would make the same amount of money through the affiliate program as if I was selling the hosting myself.

So every time I designed a site for someone, I would recommend them a hosting plan from a reputable company and get $100 commission each and every time with little work on my end to keep the servers up and running. It would be all on the hosting company that I recommended them to.

But as dennisb says and I agree, the money is there for any business as long as you put the work in. I didn't have the time to focus on my hosting business because of my other ventures but you may. I could've made a lot of money if I would've put my all into it.

theurbantwist, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  4. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some nice answers. If you are committed, you can make it in any business. In the end, it comes down to the R.O.I. of your time and money.

Barefootsies, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  5. teamaguilar

teamaguilar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah mate open it is small scale and promote it aggressively for months,if you are so passionate about it,you will definitely win! All the best!

teamaguilar, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  6. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    The hosting business is too saturated now.

99% of companies that are made fold within 3 months.

EvanP, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  7. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone can do anything in any market at any time, anyone who tells you, you can't do something is just trying to tell you that they can't do it so neither can you.

Seqqa, Aug 16, 2010 IP