1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can a country (single carriageway) ever be a 70MPH?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by shamol, May 10, 2013.

Was debating with an idiot of a friend who claimed the road I was on was a 60MPH... because his TOMTOM said so, bearing in mind it's not been updated for 3 years! He also followed it up by saying majority of the traffic do 60MPH on it. It is in fact a dual carriageway with a central reservation and no signs indicating otherwise that it is any other than 70MPH.

I then tried to explain that all dual carriageways with a central reservation are a 70MPH unless otherwise stated via a sign. I also told him all single carriageways were 60MPH unless otherwise stated. This sparked a huge argument and led him to say not all country roads are 60, some are 70 etc etc. He then gave an example of the dumfries road... coming from Scotland I guess this is the A road leading into it. He claimed it was a 70MPH and he has done 70MPH on it because his tomtom told him too and the police seen him and never stopped him. Anyway...

I'm basically just wanting to rant and also reinforce my sanity that this dumfries road isn't a 70MPH? Also to confirm to myself that a single carriageway can never be a 70MPH in the UK anywhere?

He's a **** driver at the best of times... however this fascinated me to the point of wide eyes and a slack jaw.

Last edited: May 10, 2013
    shamol, May 10, 2013 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

1. It helps if you use a font color people can see.
    2. This has nothing to do with General Business.

browntwn, May 10, 2013 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

On general chat, best thing perhaps is see what the law/Gov say > https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Revelations-Decoder, May 10, 2013 IP