1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can a forum be profitable?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by colbyleeross, Apr 9, 2013.

So I just started up a forum a few weeks ago, FPS Forums, and it's starting to gain traction. Right now it's too early to be making any money off of it, but I am hoping to get the forum to the point of being really big. At that point, I'd like to make it profitable, so that I can spend more time on it. My only problem is I'm a little bit worried that it's impossible for it to be profitable. Right now it's making very little due to the fact that I have to pay for upkeep as well as a small bit of advertising. So I have a few questions that I'm hoping I can get good answers to:

1. When my forum gets to the point where it's large and members are very active, will it be profitable?

2. What is the best way to make it profitable? Right now I'm using Adsense, but what do you guys suggest? I've heard of using affiliate links, but I'm not really sure what to do about it.

3. Any suggestions on getting my forum huge and keeping it huge?

All advice would be great.

colbyleeross, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  2. walts1

walts1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. Of course
    2. Make a "Special Members Area" and charge from users who are willing to be a part of it. One time flat price or on a monthly basis

walts1, Apr 9, 2013 IP