1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can a Quebec based business tax Ontario residents?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by joecool6101, Feb 1, 2011.

I have recently signed up with a webhost.. the first month they did not charge me tax.. but now the new invoice shows HST and I didn't think that is possible since they are not an Ontario based company..

If you know more about tax then me please let me know.. as I really don't want to pay tax on webhosting if i don't have to.

joecool6101, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  2. mreb1010

mreb1010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes a quebec based company (non-HST Province) can charge HST even when the purchase is done from Ontario (an HST province)All vendors who are registered to collect GST are automatically registered to collect HST. A GST registrant in a non-HST province who sells goods which are delivered to an HST province must collect the HST. A registrant in an HST province who sells goods which are delivered to a non-HST province would collect only the GST, not the HST.

Hope that helps-

mreb1010, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  3. joecool6101

joecool6101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply!

Clears up the question for me :)

joecool6101, Feb 1, 2011 IP