1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

can i make an html homepage that links to a wordpress site?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by jbourne84, Apr 3, 2013.

I have a wordpress site for a design company, the client wants a more interesting landing page with graphical links to the different kind of work they do.
    The idea would be that once you click a sub page link here, you would be linked to the corresponding page that we have in the wordpress site, and you would navigate through the normal wordpress site navigation from there and never go back to the landing page (unless you re-entered their url).
    I could easily code the landing page, but the only way i know to do this is to have it be the "index.html" file. But wordpress of course already has an 'index' file.
    Is there a way to accomplish this?

jbourne84, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  2. abbe77

abbe77 Member

Best Answers:
    Please check this thread for more help http://wordpress.org/support/topic/keep-indexhtml-live-while-wp-is-installed-on-root
    I suggest to try this first "rename index.html to home.html". If this not work then try other suggestions discussed in the above thread.

abbe77, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  3. Antun Stjepovic

Antun Stjepovic Peon

Best Answers:
    You can code custom html pages in wordpress and set it to be your landing/home page. Remove navigation and everything you dont need.

Second option would be to install wordpress in its own directory, and add a link to it in your custom html page. The wordpress site would be "www.mysite.com/wordpress"

Antun Stjepovic, Apr 7, 2013 IP