1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I put mu url on the pics?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by journeyoftheanimals, Nov 22, 2007.

Well, during my site makeover I have decided to ad a funny animal pictures and videos section. I figure it should be able to help keep people on site and also lots of page impressions for Google adsense. So I have been going to quite a few different site gathering pictures. Many of the pictures I have seen floating on the internet for quite a while. So my question is, once I have them up on my site can I add my url somewhere on the picture as long as I do not claim to have copyrights or anything like that?

Adam Burgi
    www.journeyoftheanimals.com

journeyoftheanimals, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  2. harrysmith

harrysmith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can :) you will have to use image alt tag in this case.

harrysmith, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  3. journeyoftheanimals

journeyoftheanimals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Why would I have to use alt text? I mean I plan on it but am I missing something. What I want to do is take the pictures and then using software I will be writing the URL on the image itself.

4. sunnymonkey

sunnymonkey Peon

Best Answers:
    If your site is PHP then you can use the GD image engine to apply a watermark image to the pictures. A search in Google should show lots of info on that for you. I do it on my site at www. see yourselfout .com (without the spaces) but at the moment you will need to log in to see it in action until I finish a new mod to allow 5 views before registration.

sunnymonkey, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  5. journeyoftheanimals

journeyoftheanimals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK I will look into the GD thing. Not sure if it is what I am looking for but worth checking out. I just hit 504 images and still going.

6. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    If you can't be bothered with GD, you can also just run your directory of images through a watermarking application.
    Google this

Not sure of the legal implications of watermarking images that you've pinched :) but until somebody complains about it, you may as well just do it...

Kerosene, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  7. serialCoder

serialCoder Guest

Best Answers:
    you could do it either way, use a software or use php, but i guess using php is much more convenient if you know what you're doing :)

serialCoder, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  8. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    You'll probably want to use Photoshop or something to blur our any pre existing site tags too :)

Kerosene, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  9. meteorite

meteorite Peon

Best Answers:
    Use a graphics editor such as Photoshop or even the famous (and free) irfanview to add watermarks to the images. But the question is - why would you like to put your URL on the images which you hadn't developed in the first place? Do you want to stake your ownership on them or do you simply want to specify that they have been downloaded from this URL? If your choice is the second one, I suggest you use a small font (serahc on Google for a pixel based font) and put the URL at the bottom right/left. Alternatively, you can put the URL as a watermark on thumbnails and leave the larger version of the image alone.

meteorite, Nov 24, 2007 IP