1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I use these shopping carts with a CMS?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by hydrogonian, Jun 15, 2008.

Hi,

I'm having a site built that will sell 1-3 products. i haven't commissioned the work yet, in part because I'm confused about shopping cart use with a CMS. For instance, can I use carts such as Avactis, Digishop, etc, or a hosted cart such as 1shoppingcart with any CMS based website?

For instance, if my site is buit with CMS made simple, can I stick the shopping cart folder under the same domain name and log in seperately to the cart? Can I have a link from my website into a hosted cart, or am I relegated to using a CMS that has a ready made shopping cart module? The CMS(s) that I would be tempted to learn and use at this point don't have good shopping cart plugins (CMSMS, textpattern). The web designer I am using wants to do the site under CMSMS but I haven't had a discussion with him about the shopping cart yet, as I am still in the proposal evaluation stage.

Thanks for your input,

Chris

hydrogonian, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  2. MyEggNoodles

MyEggNoodles Peon

Best Answers:
    You might want to consider using Wordpress and using the e-commerce plugin.

Let me know if you need help setting it up :)

MyEggNoodles, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  3. hydrogonian

hydrogonian Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I might take you up on that! Seriously, I might. My only issue with wordpress is how to get it so it doesn't look like a wordpress website or blog. I know there is a way to do this, and I imagine it has to do with a PHP hack, but I don't know how to do this. I really have no skill beyond basic HTML/CSS at this point.

Also, are there security issues with running an e-commerce site with wordpress?

Thanks

Chris

hydrogonian, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  4. MyEggNoodles

MyEggNoodles Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never set up an ecommerce site using wordpress before (But I'm willing to learn/play) but plan on doing so in the near future. My magazine Juice Mag was built on WP and I don't think it looks like your average WP blog - It's just a matter of tweaking thousands of times to get the design and feel how you like it :) I'll be adding a swag store on the mag within a couple of months.

Feel free to PM me your email if you would like to discuss this further :)

MyEggNoodles, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  5. BANAGO

BANAGO Active Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress comes with several shopping carts plugins.

BANAGO, Jun 17, 2008 IP