1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I vent some frustrations?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by mnymkr, Jun 16, 2008.

I am sure many of you have the same frustrations but I think it has driven me to the brink. To the point I almost don't want to work on my sites.

One example, I run a free chemistry help website.

when I write a tutorial on "balancing redox reactions" , this tutorial can be filed in many "categories", it may be the first tutorial in "balancing redox" it might be the 20th in "balancing chemical reactions" it might be 10th in " oxidation-reduction"

This is what Drupal thrives on , being able to put one content piece in "multiple taxonomy" but wait......

you can't put them in the order you want, you can only do it by date created, number of views, or alphabhet

Joomla is great for putting content pieces in any order you want. but you can put them in cross categories.

Yes there is a module in drupal that lets you put the articles in order (why isn't this a core thing) but its not upgraded for 6.0 (talked to developer, really nice person and has great reasons for not updating yet)

so I can just use the 5.0 version of drupal right, nope, because I want a tutorial directory which supposedly can be done by the great Drupal views module which it can , sort of, except it uses a different URL for the taxonomy when doing this and causes duplicate content issues for me.

Issue #2 : Glossary extension in Joomla does exactly what I want

Glossary module in Drupal not so much.

I am spinning my wheels here and can't get out of the rut.

mnymkr, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen a lot of annoying things through the years with CMS's, things that are so elementary and stupid, that you can't comprehend why they've never been accomplished or why nobody else seems to mind...look at how long it took for Joomla to finally make search engine friendly URLs (like 5 years?!)

Pixelrage, Jun 16, 2008 IP