1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can someone help with a photoshop problem?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by SEOXpert2011, Mar 2, 2011.

Hi All;

I've been working on a file for several hours, and the last few times I've tried to save it I was shown an error box saying, "Cannot save file because it was left open or is being modified." Or something to that effect... Anyway, all I'm trying to do is overwrite the file; I've been using Photoshop (7.0) for years and never had this problem before. As it is, I've had to save the file under a different name each time and they're piling up quickly.

Regards
    SEOx

SEOXpert2011, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  2. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like the file's open in Windows Explorer somewhere. Save the file with a different name, restart your computer and then delete the first files with the name you want, and rename the second file what you want it to be. Or, just make sure you don't have any programs besides photoshop accessing the file. It's not a photoshop problem, that error is coming from the explorer.

Piggy, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  3. ayekaye01

ayekaye01 Peon

Best Answers:
    restart your pc, maybe the file is open in other programs.

ayekaye01, Mar 2, 2011 IP