1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Wordpress Work With Different Cms

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by intro, Feb 9, 2013.

So, I had different CMS before, and I wanted to switch to WordPress, I did so, but then I couldn't read pages which were published on the old CMS (I don't want to input them on WP, I want them to stay on old CMS) - it would lead me directly to WP error page (that permalink doesn't exist).

I think it has something to do with .htaccess, I was trying to work it out, but without success. I managed that it shows pages from the old CMS, but now WP pages doesn't work, it leads me to old CMS error page :).

Does anyone know what could it be, and how to fix it? Or, can it be even fixed :)?

intro, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  2. Bahman

Bahman Member

Best Answers:
    I know it can be fixed because I have both " wordpress " and "movable type" on one site ( one domain ) and I didn't even have any big problems. I moved MT to a subdomain. installed WP on the root domain. and made some changes to MT to get it work. nothing major though, some changes in the code to replace old addressed with new ones.

Bahman, Feb 10, 2013 IP