1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you help me choose the best option?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Mabbs, Aug 12, 2008.

I've let one of my sites go a bit but I want to freshen it up but am not sure the best option to use, I'm leaning towards Wordpress because I'm running a couple of blogs at the moment and I really like the simple way you can write, click and it's published.

The reason I'm not sure about the blog format is because of the layout of the pages I'll want to do. I will add news etc a couple of times a week which I would want in more of a blog format with date posted etc but then I have existing pages that I basically want to re-write and transfer over, like actors, movies and so on. With the blogs I currently have I tend to think people read the new post when you write it and come back for the next new post.

The site I want to freshen up is www.thebratpacksite.com

Do you think Wordpress is my best bet?

Thanks

Mabbs

Mabbs, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  2. lukemeister

lukemeister Peon

Best Answers:
    You might want to dig around and find a more unconventional wordpress layout to keep from looking too much like a blog (if that's an issue)

I recently ran across the Revolution Wordpress Theme that can make your Wordpress site look more like a news magazine, for example. Search "Revolution Wordpress" on google and you'll find it pretty easily

hope that maybe helps you a bit :)

lukemeister, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  3. Mabbs

Mabbs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I've gone ahead and installed Wordpress.

Is it worth paying the $400 for this then, it does look good?

Mabbs, Aug 13, 2008 IP