1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you make money with online surveys?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by *Sam*, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Admittedly, online surveys are not the most reliable of incomes, but there are some sites out there. My partner participates in some, and she usually gets a payment of £10 every 4-5 months, and I have had prior experience in the past.

If you just want a little bit of extra spending money from time to time, then it is worthwhile assuming you have a little bit of time to waste from time to time, and are happy to get a little return for the effort. I would not recommend surveys for a more stable income though.

Just my opinion on it, for the fact that you are the end user, and therefore, going to recieve the least from it, but at least it requires very little effort or skill to do.

Grit., Sep 7, 2012 IP
  2. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is possible because I have done it, I actually went on holiday for a week once with the money I earnt through one GPT site. Sadly the only one that is still around that I have been paid from is cashcrate.com. Make sure you use an email address you are not using though as you will get a ton of spam.

Dean_Saliba, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  3. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do NOT think that you can make serious money with online surveys. Most websites that promise to help you earn money with online surveys are scam. I have been doing this internet thing for a while now, and I have never come across anyone who made money with online surveys.

ablaye, Sep 7, 2012 IP
  4. thehighnumbers

thehighnumbers Peon

Best Answers:
    yes you will be a millionaire if you take surveys online.

thehighnumbers, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  5. ElleSorbet

ElleSorbet Member

Best Answers:
    Years ago I was able to make a little money off of surveys - but it wasn't a job, more of a waste of time when I didn't want to do school work. lol I don't think I ever brought in more than $25 a month...I ended up stopping when the checks I was getting from the company wouldn't cash

ElleSorbet, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  6. letsmein

letsmein Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is true you can make money taking surveys but it is very little. You can expect a few bucks here and there... not much. So don't expect to get rich.

letsmein, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  7. curtisdawson

curtisdawson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Trust me, online surveys are crap. Most are scams and others will only pay you a few cents for hours of your time.

curtisdawson, Sep 16, 2012 IP
  8. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Not Good to use. Better try Free lancing.

eric_wahlberg, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  9. freeyourmind

freeyourmind Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well depends on how much work you put in and how much money you want to make... I used to do online surveys when I was 13-14 and made my $100/month which was more then enough for me at that time.

freeyourmind, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  10. freelancerIT

freelancerIT Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried it, but it was just a waste of time.

freelancerIT, Sep 17, 2012 IP
  11. VideoGameJunkie

VideoGameJunkie Peon

Best Answers:
    The question is: can someone make money taking part in online surveys? Well, from September 2011 to January 2012, I was without work. Waiting for my school classes to begin once again in just under 5 months time, I decided that as a part time job, I would attempt to join as many free online survey sites that I could possibly find and devote every minute asked of me to answering online surveys in an effort to make a bit of money to tide me over until mid January. Regardless of whether the site seemed reputable, easy to use, or otherwise legitimate, as long as the web site did not ask me to enter my credit card information or install any additional software, I would join their online panel. Here is a list of the survey companies that I can remember joining, (I actually probably belong to more survey panels than this: this was but a quick list I compiled from skimming through my E-Mail inbox):

Toluna Survey Center,
    GlobalTestMarket,
    Vindale Research,
    Surveyhead,
    Harris Poll Online,
    OpinionWorld,
    Ipsos i-Say,
    Survey Club Research,
    Angus Reid Forum,
    Asking Canadians,
    GratisPoints,
    Web Perspectives,
    SurveyDownline,
    Perspectives on Paying,
    SurveyLion,
    Canada Talk Now,
    NPDOR,
    MySurvey,
    OpinionBar,
    Perspectives Web,
    Corsential NetPanel,

I would never lie in answering any of these surveys, always giving my gender, age, living conditions, employment conditions, etc. I can tell you right now, as a 32 year old male living in Montreal, Quebec, Canada with no job, no income, but a home and a car to my name, participating in online surveys on average four hours a day, seven days a week for just under 5 months straight earned me absolutely no money, no checks, no gift cards, NOTHING! The surveys were terribly time consuming, often having you enter the same personal information over and over again, only to, after 15 minutes of pre-screening, to let you know that you did not qualify to answer the survey. Even when you did, on average a survey would take 30 to 45 minutes to fully complete, at which point you would be awarded the equivalent of 15 to 20 cents, (did I mention that on average you need to earn at least 25 dollars of credit before the survey company will send you out a check?) The time investment versus compensation was ridiculously poor, and in the end the only person I have to blame for this colossal waste of time is myself. My only hope is that this message will convince any potentially interested parties that there is simply no money WHATSOEVER to be had in online survey taking, (unless you invest YEARS of your life for a measly 25 dollar check). About the only thing I have to show for my survey taking experience, aside from 5 months of my life wasted that I can never get back, is at one point an online survey company offered to send me a box of unbranded snack bars in exchange for my opinion, and I do have to admit, the snack bars were pretty good. So if you figure a box of snack bars is worth around 2 dollars 50 cents at your local grocer, then 4 hours a day times approximately 130 days of online survey taking equals 520 hours of work for the equivalent of a box of snack bars worth 2 dollars 50 cents. If I had known then what I know now, I would have put down the laptop and would have instead walked over to my nearest gas station to fill out an application for part time employment. At least I would have earned a bit of money rather than no money at all.

VideoGameJunkie, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  12. searchz

searchz Peon

Best Answers:
    Try your luck! As it depends what you come towards :)

searchz, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  13. ton7io69

ton7io69 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I tried it a few years ago and feel like its a waste of time.

ton7io69, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  14. cazmoen

cazmoen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Most of these are scams. They ask you to pay money upfront saying they will give you jobs where you can make x money per 1 survey and crap like that. They are just waste of time.

cazmoen, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  15. emperor14

emperor14 Peon

Best Answers:
    as you know mlm is some how multi level marketing which has been started its work for about 88 years and even more ...
    as you know if you be patient you can earn so much money per month like these people which work part time or full time and for their jobs they make money so a lot ...
    10incomes.com/page/top-500-mlm-earners
    if you don't know mlm, lets check mlm benefits
    1-Small amount of risk
    2-A huge demand for good quality products
    3-Residual income
    4-The income potential
    5-No employees to hire
    6-No inventory
    7-Low operating Costs
    8-Leverage
    9-Portability
    10-The attainable freedom
    these are great points for everyone ...
    if you are interested to join i am working with nuskin that has joined the top 10 Direct selling companies with 1.7billion dollars on 2011 ... and produce antiaging products ...
    check this out for just one sample effect of the product
    just search youtube on this keyword "nu skin before after"
    if you are interested to join us and get wealthy...
    if you are tired of your job ...
    if you wanna experience something new and fun ...
    if you wanna meet so many persons ...
    if you wanna travel so a lot ...
    or use the miracle products with the wholesale price(about 25% or more off) just and stay YOUNG ...
    just contact me :
    mail:

emperor14, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  16. greentek

greentek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes you can earn money online....

greentek, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  17. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yes you can, all you have to do is find enough dumb people to fill them with their answers so you can sell the intel ;)

Sensei.Design, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  18. emperor14

emperor14 Peon

Best Answers:
    why u don't test mlm instead ...
    it can make great money online ...
    for beauty and health care that works so nice ...
    i really recommended you to read about that ...
    nu skin is really good at the case ...
    i know more information about that
    just ask me ...
    i gonna help you through

emperor14, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  19. Toni91

Toni91 Peon

Best Answers:
    PM me and i'll send you a list of survey panels that pay on time.

Toni91, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  20. Toni91

Toni91 Peon

Best Answers:
    or just try this earnfromsurveys.com

Toni91, Oct 12, 2012 IP