1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can you please look at my site and tell me why software sales have fallen?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aab1, Apr 24, 2012.

I recently had my website redesigned as it was really badly made by myself before. On my website I have both a web based eBay auction sniper service as well as software versions which are a one time cost.

Ever since the new re-design, sign ups to the service skyrocketed but sales of the software ground to a near complete halt where I now only sell a copy every few weeks rather than a few copies per week.

Can you please look at http://auctionautobidder.com/ and let me know what could be causing sales of the software (Standard and Basic sections) to have nearly stopped completely?

I don't get why my old super ugly site was selling much more of the software as this new updated site.

Thank you

aab1, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i have a few complaints over the layout, the quotes are too large, too much space between them, they really dominate the page. You could probly half that size.

The design should be such that it guides the users eyes around the page, i find that im drawn to the comments, but not the actual content that i should be drawn to.

do you have a screenshot of your old site that i can look at?

matt_62, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  3. aab1

aab1 Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    aab1, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    here its late, so not my best work, and just consider this as a suggestion.
    1. when people click on login it looks like a different site.
    2. the main logo needs to be updated.
    3. i think when people click on login / register, it should have left and right side of the screen, such as ebay where left is login, right is signup.
    4. login scren has room either on right side or underneath to do comparision between the 3 models that your offering? (ignore point 3 if you do this) you could have the model comparision prior to entering the registration details as well (as in another page in front of the login page) this would help keep the main page uncluttered.

I have made other suggestions (again im tired and im just learning gimp as it is so dont be harsh)
    please note it might make clients feel more comfortable to signup if you had phone number at the right top instead of the text i suggested.

[​IMG]

second try:
    [​IMG]

matt_62, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  5. Spiderdog20

Spiderdog20 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually a cool idea ;) Just make it look more professional

Spiderdog20, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  6. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Although the first site is very simple, the new site is not looking professional at all. It seems more like a 'scam' site with big fonts, improper fonts and flawed layout. It would have been much better if you would have used a premium wordpress theme for the new site. Or if you have enough funds, go to a proper webdesign company and have them completely redesign your website. :)

traxport121, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  7. iUnlockZone

iUnlockZone Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could've gone for a better design. If you can shell out a few bucks, then a great design can be incorporated and can drive in more sales.

iUnlockZone, Apr 29, 2012 IP
  8. aab1

aab1 Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This new design was made for me by a forum member, and although it's not exactly what I wanted it's a lot better than what it was.

Could it be improved with minor changes I can make myself?

aab1, May 3, 2012 IP