1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cannot get rid of ALL white background with magic wand tool in CS5

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by bufhal, Sep 30, 2012.

Hello;
    Hope someone can help with what would seem an easy task.
    I have three images which had white backgrounds I wanted to get rid of. I used the magic wand tool but there is still "bits of white" around the images. I tried the pen tool and several others but am stuck.
    Can someone show me how to get rid of ALL the white so these images look nice and clean?

Thank you for any help or direction. (I have been through many tutorials and youtube videos and really frustrated, I appreciate
    your kind response.
    Paul

Attached Files:

bufhal, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  2. lanotdesign

lanotdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try lowering the tolerance of the wand or magic eraser. If it still doesn't work I suggest you erase the white part around the image manually. it will also give you a cleaner look instead of erasing it automatically. That's just my opinion.

lanotdesign, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  3. Brookly

Brookly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you still need to practice the pen tool. For me I'm using the pen tool for a more finer background. With regards to magic wand try to lessen the tolerance, try and try until your contented with the result. Cheers ;)

Brookly, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  4. TheLadyBug

TheLadyBug Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can just select the content you'd like to leave by using the quick selection tool then move the item using the Move tool. Drag the item to the transparent background. Hope this helps

TheLadyBug, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  5. ntmedia

ntmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pen tool is always giving best results. Try using that. Magic wand tool doesn't provide best solution, if the background isn't completely white and the content is a lot darker (no light grey around the edges).

ntmedia, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  6. machinist_911

machinist_911 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    First of all, get rid of most of the white in the pics.Then, create a new layer below your pic. Go to "Create a new adjustment layer or fill layer" option below the layers palette and select "Solid Color". Select the desired color you want to fill. Now, select the top layer in which the pic is present. Select the background eraser tool with sampling set to "once"(It can be selected in the options menu at the top). Now start erasing at the remaining white starting from the background color. It should do the trick.

WARNING-Don't rub the eraser on the pic too many times otherwise the image will get distorted.

machinist_911, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  7. chinmoy123

chinmoy123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Pen tool is the best tool to make a cut-out. Learn to use all the sub-tools too. Do some practice and use it wisely. You can get the best result.

chinmoy123, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  8. sajidibacs

sajidibacs Member

Best Answers:
    pen tool is best for Background remove any image. i think you can use pen tool for photoshop.

sajidibacs, Nov 5, 2012 IP