1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can't stop the damn cigarettes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fryman, Mar 1, 2005.

I have been trying to stop smoking. Cut down a lot, but still can't quit. There is nothing I enjoy more than smoking while working on my sites. Problem is... I now have many sites and keep building more, so I spend more and more time in front of my computer... so the cigaretes keep adding up.

Anyone managed to quit? How do you do it? Once I get the urge of smoking I can't concentrate on my sites until I take out my Marlboro :(

fryman, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  2. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Jolly Ranchers, watermelon. I quit in '96 and kept a fresh supply of lemon drops and jolly ranchers. There's nothing easy about it, it's will power.

GTech, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  3. Fishing Forum

Fishing Forum Active Member

Best Answers:
    I used to smoke when on the computer , but now if a want a cig I make myself go outside to have one

Talk about cut you down . I smoke almost a third less plus the old room smells so much better

MMM next step is to knock them on the head ( 20 odd years smoker :eek: )

Fishing Forum, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  4. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Omg don't even get me started on this subject.

I have smoked since I was like 12 years old. (I'm now 21)

I am well and truely addicted. I used to smoke 2 or more packets a day. Then in the Summer my mum bribed me ''I'll get you a dog, if you stop smoking'' (I've always wanted a dog....) So i was like okay and I really went for it.

I had a thing called 'lazer Treatment' done, which lasers different parts of your ears (which is apparently in sync with your lungs) and It actually worked. Of cause it's not a miricle cure, you need a certain amount of willpower aswell. So I managed to quit for nearly 5 months. But the laser treatment messed up my sleeping, so I was nearly constantly awake (and bored at 2/3/4/5 AM so wanted a cigerette even more ..catch 22 situation)

Then, when most people quit smoking on New years eve....I started again. At first it was just the odd one or two. Now I'm back on a packet a day.

It's a horrible habit. It's killing my bank balance, and obviously me. But i just can't stop because although I hate to admit it - I actually like smoking. There are so many times. in situations i smoke (After dinner, on the phone ect) So when I did stop - It was a nightmare - I had like a spare 40 minutes in my day whereas before I would have chilled with a nice cig.. When I can't have a ciggerette - it's all I can think about. It drives me nuts.

I have now been made to smoke outside - yes you would think that would make me cut down due to freezing Holland temperatures...but now I have the dog (earned from stopping smoking ironicly) so I take him for long walks and smoke alot haha.

I really should quit, everyone is always nagging me - My grandad is so against it, he even cuts out newspaper clippings of anti-smoking stuff and sends them to me.

All I can say is you need willpower, because without that you won't get very far.

Good luck, if you really want to stop - and you recognise that - then the hardest part is over.
    x

MELLA, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Once I bought the patch ... next thing I knew I wore 3 patches and was still smoking :D

Blogmaster, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Women should know that they age you a lot quicker, also you will quit when your lungs are burnt up, I know I am a chain smoker that can not stop if a pack is within reach.

The solution, don't have a pack within reach, I get started again by bumming smokes from others.

I was so bad that I would buy my friends a pack if they would give me one or two and then let them hold the pack and bum my own off of them so I would not chain smoke.

It is a substance abuse problem, if you can not control it, you will abuse other substances also (mostly those sold on the streets) :eek:

anthonycea, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Living in California you get treated like a criminal for smoking. Seriously. Even the stoners down on you saying "dude, you're killin yourself, bro!"

it's unreal. I so wanna quit but coffee or beer don't taste right without a cig :D

Blogmaster, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  8. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    thank god I'm allergic to the stuff, something in it kills me.

david_sakh, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  9. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    heh.. doesn't it do that to everybody? ;)

Josh

Josh, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  10. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    googleitmoron...lol

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  11. CHERRY

CHERRY Peon

Best Answers:
    Ill Send You A Tape Off My Mom Coughin Her Lungs Up Every Morning....... Dat Should Do It!!!!

CHERRY, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  12. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahahaha!!!!!

And no cher - that wouldnt even make me quit.

hardcore smoker 4 lyfe,y0 :(

MELLA, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  13. Eric Bland

Eric Bland Peon

Best Answers:
    I wrote a brief review about a quit smoking ad posted http://www.ceowebsites.com/forum/about364.html . Unfortunately, until you decide to quit, you will never quit. Fortunately, as soon as you decide to quit you will. It is only a matter of making a decision. There is no such thing as wanting to quit. If you really want to quit you will quit, otherwise you will not. The mind is a powerful thing, much more powerful than nicotine sticks. If you spend alot of time online, it is good to have some snacks around. Fruit, chips, or whatever you prefer. Try opening a cigarette and examining it, take a good look at what you have been smoking. The only thing you need to use is your mind. If you can not use your will power, then force yourself to smoke extremely fast inhailing vast amount of smoke repeatedly until you get extremely sick. Make yourself so sick, that you become sick of cigarettes forever. Do not get too carried away and kill yourself of nicotine overdose. Or just decide to quit and save yourself that trouble. I would say good luck, but you do not need luck, just the decision to quit.

Eric Bland, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  14. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Well said Eric.

Apparently, the 'addiction' only lasts 2 days as well. Cravings after that period are made up by the mind, not the body.

If you want to quit but can't quit, you're weak. If you're weak, you probably can't quit.

T0PS3O, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  15. Eric Bland

Eric Bland Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks,

I would just say there is no such thing as can't. If you want to quit, then quit. Otherwise you don't want to quit, because if you want to quit, you will quit. You made a decision to start smoking, just make a decision to stop. Nothing more, nothing less. There are better things in life to think and focus on. You have probably wasted enough time and money with nicotine sticks. The tobacco companies appreciate your money, it is time to part ways, and move on. Just remember if you can't make the decision to quit for yourself. Don't worry the cigarettes themselves will make you quit, only you will die in the process.

Eric Bland, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  16. TheWebJunkie

TheWebJunkie Banned

Best Answers:
    i really need to quit smoking soon aswell, if not i will be dead by time im 50 lol

TheWebJunkie, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  17. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    What a tongue twister!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :D :p

But you speak a lot of sense...I totally agree.

MELLA, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  18. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    A couple yrs ago --I quit for a bet...I lasted 18 months....had a shite day at the office-- and 3+ years of smoking again. Go me...

ROAR, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  19. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah that happened to my friend too.

It's almost like smoking is like being an alcoholic. You have to be careful not to even have one, otherwise you're back to square one and before you know it you're addicted again..

I heard when you stop smoking, you start hating ciggerette's and the smell ect. And you won't one again. Bullsheeeeet. Well it worked the opposite with me, anyway.. :confused: :(

I use cigerette's as a crutch though, I'm a weak weak person..

MELLA, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  20. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I must admit to feeling exceptionally stupid the few times I have seen the person I made the wager with. (a former employer)

At one point during the no-smoking thing, I gave up booze for 6 months as well...was exercising daily...I am making myself bored to tears thinking of how healthy I was

ROAR, Mar 1, 2005 IP