1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

categories and pages

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Hades, Nov 19, 2007.

Hi,
    I am trying to make a cool navigation set up, and I am having a little trouble.
    I want to do it so that I can click on a category in Wordpress, and the category opens up and shows me the pages in it. And if I click on a different one, i want the first category to close. Is there a way to do that and if so, how?

I have attached a picture to show what i mean.

Attached Files:

Hades, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  2. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google "JavaScript Navigation Menu" :)

tarponkeith, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  3. Miguelmateos

Miguelmateos Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I was looking for something kinda like what you are asking for only I wanted a plugin that could turn my categories into a sort of categorized link directory for example I have a site with about 2000 wordpress categories

the problem with having this many categories is it really blogs down the server every time a page with the categories on it is loaded so what I wanted was bascially a way to lets say make 50 main categories 200 sub categories 400 sub sub categories and so on and so on basically it would turn your blog and categories into a directory site as well and at the same time would speed up the loading of any one page because there would be much less categories per page loaded

To me I would think that this would be a script that many webmasters and blogers would love to have

Miguelmateos, Nov 19, 2007 IP
  4. Hades

Hades Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah some probably would. what tarponkeith said sounds good, but I really don't want to be bothered with making pages and then having to put links in. I just wanted to use a plugin or something of that sort, which would let me make that work.

Hades, Nov 19, 2007 IP