1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Categories to describe the whole internet

Discussion in 'General Business' started by birja, Jun 20, 2010.

Hi.I was thinking about categories in general and find that big websites have +- same categories to describe ther services. F.e youtube and twitter has almost same type of categories. (like auto/moto, business and etc) It is important isn't it? How you would describe or which categories you would use if you had a change to run big website?

Regards

birja, Jun 20, 2010 IP
  2. Victoria B

Victoria B Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you planning on running a big website?

Victoria B, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  3. birja

birja Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm planning to run,i will run on july

birja, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  4. monebud101

monebud101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Categories are very important. More important is how easy it is to search for the category you want. It depends on what type of big website you're running and what information you aim on supplying as to what categories you choose. Do you want to break things down into small categories - like the yellow pages do? Or do you want to use main categories then break these down into smaller sub-categories.

There's lots to consider.

monebud101, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  5. birja

birja Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i would stick with twitter like categories. Information will be text based, i mean nothing but a articles, descriptions and definition. So that's why i should choose right categ.I would like to choose 10 main categories and then in the future to break the down into smaller sub-cat.

birja, Jun 22, 2010 IP