1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CGSociety Construction Questions

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by microplop, Jan 13, 2006.

How is this site constructed:
    http://www.cgsociety.org

By constructed I mean how are all the elements being pulled together.

1. Are they using a CMS like Mambo and vBulletin intergrated,then all tighly packed around a seamless template?

2. Or is it something else like a heavily modifed vBulletin Portal template?

I orginally thought the page could be a portal, but on the front page the articles don't appear to be pulled from the forum. Or are they?

Also they offer subscription service. I understand vBulletin offer this feature but again there subscription is slipt between having extra forum access and then being able to access more in the 'features' section of there site?

I've looked into mambo/joomla and they offer subscription access level addons to the CMS. So is CGSociety simply using a CMS + Subscriptions and vBulletins + Subscriptions.

Hope this make sense as I'm just trying to work out how this great site pulls together.

Thanks

microplop, Jan 13, 2006 IP