1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Change Background Color of Inserted Image

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Ravi_Mangalore, Dec 31, 2011.

Hi Knowledgeable users,

I would like to know from you a solution for the following. I am a new user of Photoshop, and while searching for Photoshop help i chanced upon this site.

I have an image of a building with blue Colored Background. I insert a image of a lamp in this Building Image. The background colour of the Lamp is white. so, when I place the white background lamp on the Blue background building it creates a patch like image. White on blue. Now I wish to change the background colour of the lamp to the same blue of the Building. Kindly guide me as to how I can go about this in Photoshop 7.0 and Photoshop cs4?

Thanks in advance for the help rendered.

Ravinder Murthy
    Mangalore
    Karnataka
    India

Ravi_Mangalore, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  2. theivo

theivo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to use Lasso Tool (polygonal) , for example, to make selection of the lamp and then mask the selection so in this way you'll separate the object from the background and blue background will be visible.
    On this page is shown something similar (with other lasso) , but you will see the basics

theivo, Jan 1, 2012 IP