1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Change in Adsense Earning after Migrating to Mediatemple

Discussion in 'General Business' started by vibhu000, Feb 15, 2014.

Hello,

Right now I am using Hostgator shared hosting to host my website which gets 100K page views per month.

As I deal with a "how-to" website, I need to post a lot of screenshots/images per article. Due to this, the average size of an page approximately goes up to 1.5 MB or sometimes beyond 2.5 MB.

After reading reviews of Mediatemple.net, I am planning to migrate my website from Hostgator to Mediatemple.

The current load time of my website is 3.5 seconds for a US visitor. Mediatemple is saying that the load time would be approximately 2 seconds once I migrate my website to them.

The question I want is ask that, do you have any idea how much increase in Adsense earning should I expect if my website loading time decreases by 1.5 seconds?

vibhu000, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't know if you like reading long articles, but here's an articles that says that Google may start ranking sites higher if the sites have a faster load up speed: http://www.seobythesea.com/2014/02/googles-patent-site-speed-ranking-signal/

I am not an expert on all of that, but I can safely assume that faster loading sites have a lower bounce rate, a more pleasant browsing experience and, as a result, a higher ROI.

BUT... If I were you I'd switch from the hostgator's shared hosting (I assume it's the hatchling) to their VPS sharing hosting. It's a bit more expensive, but your speed and overall performance will improve significantly.

I'd rather stick with the big dogs. They always offer better quality. Hostgator is one of them.

qwikad.com, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  3. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If the site loads slowly, your ads might not appear before the visitors get frustrated and leave the page.
    I think in that sense, it might affect your earnings.

Ethan Alvin, Feb 16, 2014 IP