1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Change PSD files to html??..

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Zaizen, Nov 1, 2006.

Hi dpeers,

I have buy a website templates. and didnt satisfied enough with the graphic and i change the psd file with remove some graphic and add new colours. and i save it. but the problem is, i dont not know how to convert into html(index files).

The templates i buy are containing 2 folder - PSD and HTML(include images,css and index)..anyone can help me?

Zaizen, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  2. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe photoshop can automatically export slices as gifs/jpgs, and html

I know Fireworks can

frankcow, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  3. jacobbannier

jacobbannier Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use imageready. I don't know if you can do it with PS CS2?

jacobbannier, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  4. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    zaizen, try search google for "how to use slice in photoshop", basically, you have to slice up your psd files to generate those table html.

toby, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  5. sabian1982

sabian1982 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Enable the margins, then you can drag guides down onto the image - then use the create splice tool in the float menu to create splices (using the guides as... well a guide - its also useful to have snapto enabled). Once you have created a splice it will appear with a different color border and a unique number (so you can identify each splice you've created), you can then right click and give it a specific name (which obviously makes things easier when you export it). Finally once you have created all slices simply file > save for web - you can then specific the file types for each slice and then save. A folder is then created in a specific location containing all your splices.

Best of luck :) - Perhaps read the photoshop help file might provide some additional insight! :p - needless to say it works cause i used the same technique when coding up my personal website from a PSD just last week - http://www.michaelthorn.co.uk

sabian1982, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  6. Zaizen

Zaizen Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, still didnt work for me.. :(

Zaizen, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  7. noblemia

noblemia Peon

Best Answers:
    errmm well i read this thread, i have never laft a comment before and i found a simple way by just messin about, i just opened the .psd in image ready and then clicked file save optimised as and save it in a new folde, it can then be opened in dreamweaver etc.. for editing and if when you do that i does not automatically save a piece you specifically wanted to edit then just slice the piece you wanted and reapet the previous steps and hey preso, but i dont know how to code it i get stuck, im only 15 for god sake

noblemia, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  8. bric002

bric002 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Zaizen, did you get this figured out? I can walk you thru if you want to PM me.

bric002, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  9. kkgin

kkgin Peon

Best Answers:
    Send me psd file, needfull be done and mailed to you

kkgin, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  10. showkatahmad

showkatahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    you can contact to any psd to html services provider who can provides you quality at affordable price

showkatahmad, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  11. itpixelz

itpixelz Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,
    when you change any thing in psd (graphic) pick slice tool from tool bar and make slice of it and then go to file menu and chuse save for web opetion and save these slices. then adjust your css acording to these slices set your divs height and width acording to slices height and width i think you can easily do it.

itpixelz, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  12. Web Host

Web Host Peon

Best Answers:
    seperate it one of one the design and code it with Adobe Dreamveawer etc...

Web Host, Nov 25, 2011 IP
  13. jags2ooo

jags2ooo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd Suggest learning CSS using the slice tool + adobes auto export to html is asking for trouble. Its 1000000 Times better to slice and code your PSD template manually. There are tons of tutorials on how to do this just google it.

If its to much for you at the moment you should hire someone to do it for you by posting in the BUY SELL TRADE forum of Digital Point or pm me :D

jags2ooo, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  14. reo69

reo69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with some of the others, all this info might seem overwhelming to you - best hire someone who can fix this (I believe many would be happy to do the job and it would cost you no more than $50 at most).

You can hire someone to do the job right off DP in the Buy & Sell Website Design Services by posting a thread about what you need (or re-post this very thread). Hopefully, you'll get some interested freelancers. Hope this helps!

reo69, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  15. gpisgd

gpisgd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i want to tell you, that photoshop can,t convert psd file into HTML

gpisgd, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  16. axemgm

axemgm Peon

Best Answers:
    Why convert PSD to HTML? Some web designers create websites in CSS files. CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. This is a technique of designing web pages that allows changes to be made on all the web pages just by changing some code in one file.

axemgm, Nov 30, 2011 IP