1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Change

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Pfirestorm, Mar 2, 2010.

I want to know why people in business are so afraid to change their processes and make way for a new and more efficient process! I know there are services out there that will enhance the productivity and profitability of a lot of businesses, but yet still the genral business-man or woman does not want to change they way they do things.

Can anyone shed some light for me...?

Pfirestorm, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is normally due to their mind set problem.
    You need to show them strong proof that the new way of doing this is more better than the old way.

mentos, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  3. Pfirestorm

Pfirestorm Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it is definitely a mindset issue! Because I have interviewed over 150 business people in a particular niche market, financial advisors. These business people in particular are backward thinking and lazy. They can see opportunity and potential to grow, handed to them 'on a plate' and still because they lack vision and forsight they cannot take an early step to be ahead of the game in 2 years. They want to take the step when society has deemed it 'safe' and then they'll be followers and not leaders.
    On top of all this there is a direct annuity income available to these people and it seems that even receiving money for free is not worth taking a chance over.
    I just cant believe the short-sightedness of the financial world today! This is why the recession is so pertinant still.

4. Pfirestorm

Pfirestorm Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it is definitely a mindset issue! Because I have interviewed over 150 business people in a particular niche market, financial advisors. These business people in particular are backward thinking and lazy. They can see opportunity and potential to grow, handed to them 'on a plate' and still because they lack vision and forsight they cannot take an early step to be ahead of the game in 2 years. They want to take the step when society has deemed it 'safe' and then they'll be followers and not leaders.
    On top of all this there is a direct annuity income available to these people and it seems that even receiving money for free is not worth taking a chance over.
    I just cant believe the short-sightedness of the financial world today! This is why the recession is so pertinant still.

5. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Change is not always as easy as it appears from the outside, what appears to be a small change to a business could have a significant impact on other areas of the business, that an outsider would not be aware of. Some people are reluctant to change because what they are doing is working for them - if it's not broken don't fix it mentality.

Yes, I'd also agree that it is a mindset and that lots of people are not very motivated, they don't want to make the effort to change unless they absolutely have to.

Fergal, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  6. LiamHammett

LiamHammett Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fergal, that's very true. At the same time, even if there is proof, there is chance that the new method will be ineffective, and destroy the business. You need a way of keeping the old, and new going at the same time.

LiamHammett, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  7. Pfirestorm

Pfirestorm Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats exactly it!!!!!! They dont want to change because of fear, but as King Whitney Jr said, "to the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging because things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better".

I am not asking these people to change their business model or anything like that, I just want to offer them something *extra* that they can use. A tool if you will, to make the service they offer increase in value. And THAT is what I dont understand...