1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing image information inside Photoshop

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by cre8ive, Apr 11, 2008.

So, I have this problem. I'm working on a website, and I show a slideshow. Each frame has the size 271px x 60px. This works just fine in Firefox. In IE(6), however, there is a serious problem. For whatever reason, IE(6) just resizes each frame and shrinks it to 200px x 60px, 150px x 60px or something. I have no freaking idea why IE(6) does this. Again, this only happens in IE.

(BTW, http://www.cre8iveonline.com/jewellery/index.htm is the site in question.)

So, I ran a few tests to see what's going on. It seems that the code itself works fine. As I replace images with ones that I just created using Photoshop, they don't shrink. So, ... what I'm speculating now is that I need change image information inside Photoshop somehow so that, no matter what, IE(6) knows that all these frames have the size 271px x 60px.

Now, how can I do that ...???

cre8ive, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  2. eruct

eruct Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What are you using to code this site? Whatever it is, your code is a mess. Divs and tables all over the place. I can guarantee that your problem lies somewhere in the current code and not with photoshop.

In photoshop, save each image in the slide show to the size you need it (271X60 or whatever) and your done.
    Stop slicing your site and having the software automatically generate code. Learn to code your self and your problem will be solved.

eruct, Apr 11, 2008 IP