1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing site location

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PJS, Feb 14, 2010.

I need a few opinions on this. I've had a site for the last four years using site build it block by block. I created over 300 pages. It's a long process to create a page or add an ad. I'm ranking 617, 000 on alexa and get roughly 1500 to 2000 visitors a day. I'm thinking of switching the whole site over to another platform.

My question is is it wise to switch over to wordpress or something similar? I made a few sites with wordpress and love it, My main problem with site build it is if I add an advertisement on one page I have to add it to each and every page plus having to write all the html. It's way too time consuming due to the amount of pages. It takes hours to place one ad.

If I do switch over to another platform is it possible to lose my ranking. The site is also on the second page in google for italian recipes also on the first page for anything italian IE:Italian pasta recepes, Italian beef recipes, Italian pork recipes, etc.. Does making such a move jeopardize any of this.

Thanks,
    PJS

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
    PJS, Feb 14, 2010 IP