1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chicken and Egg situation?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by iScotts, Mar 17, 2011.

I want to start a business that will have a collection of experts in almost every field, they will have to be available to help my clients.

now i have a few Questions:

1- How Do i go about finding and recruiting these people?
    2- Is it possible to hire them but only pay on a project basis and not monthly eg: only get paid for work that you did?

now for my chicken and egg.

Who do i draw to my company first, the freelancers/experts wont want to joing a dead website with no one to hire them and neither will clients use my services with no one to service them?

Im thinking something like guru.com etc..

iScotts, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  2. PT Boy

PT Boy Active Member

Best Answers:
    First thing to do is build your website and corporate image then start promoting looking clients and only outsource projects through guru elance etc. then when the time is right you can take on full time virtual staff if and when you need then. You have to start as a business developer then become a business manager.

Before doing anything write down your whole business plan with all steps required.

PT Boy, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  3. Belome

Belome Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if you are hiring professional outsourcers chances are you can explain to them the situation, and just tell them you will get back to them once you have clients. That way they can still go about their normal business, but when you do finally find work for them, you already have the okay that they will do it.

Belome, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  4. Directory Vortex

Directory Vortex Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think there's a real chicken-egg situation here...you only have to realize that you can't have it all right away. This is how I would do it:
    1. Start small. You can not manage many different things at the beginning. Choose one interesting niche and browse those established sites for experts in that field, make yourself a list of potential partners.
    2. Offer your services to the clients through your website, you need to start building an image
    3. When you get a job, outsource it to one of your partners.
    4. After having few jobs done, you will have much better understanding of whole process, so you may expand the fields you cover.
    5. By expanding the range of services you offer, more clients will come to you, so when you recognize a good moment, allow experts/freelancers to join your website.
    6. Promote and use your imagination to grow your business so maybe one day your site becomes next guru.com ;-)

Directory Vortex, Mar 17, 2011 IP
  5. DarrenR

DarrenR Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, do not be afraid to start the project even if it seems to be difficult.

I would use the following plan:

1. Find a range of professionals and make sure they will be ready to work on a project basis with you initially.

2. Create a site - it should not be a "perfect", just clear for your potential customers, you will find a way to the perfect site later.

3. When you get orders, just outsource them to your professionals.

4. Your customer base will grow, depending on that you will be able to hire more professionals, on regular base or how it will be convenient.

I believe only time will show you the most convenient scheme.

DarrenR, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  6. iScotts

iScotts Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is some good advice thanks a lot guys..

iScotts, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  7. Amitoops

Amitoops Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well you just start selecting people to see there profile ,i mean just see there how much they are exprience of that work and tell them be a professional and be punctual for the site also because time management is very important for the online business.

Amitoops, Mar 25, 2011 IP
  8. americanrecruiter

americanrecruiter Member

Best Answers:
    Are you willing to look at a partnership or keep it simply to yourself. Also are you incorporating? Are you wanting to 1099 the staff you seek.
    Are you seeking specific industry , country, etc?

americanrecruiter, Aug 2, 2011 IP