1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Choices for Ecommerce

Discussion in 'General Business' started by travelerjim, Sep 27, 2011.

Hi,

I have a web site and wish to monetize it and would not be selling my own products and services at least for now.

Its a bit confusing as to choices here. It seems like two choices would be signing up for one or multiple affiliate network programs or signing up for different affiliate relationships with specific companies. This would be by proving links and ads, etc. to these sites.

This is where it gets fuzzy. Suppose I wanted to have my own shopping cart selling other people's products. Is there a way to do this? If so would I work with some sort of network like an affiliate network? And if I did have this shopping cart system on my site can it be set up to where the order goes directly to the vendor and that is it with respect to my involvement in the sale?

Any help is appreciated as to the different models. I guess my concern is that while the affiliate networks or direct affiliate relationships are easy the percentages are low. So I am looking for ways to boost the percentages by using another model, even if it means a little more work.

Thank you!

travelerjim, Sep 27, 2011 IP