1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Choosing a CMS for a membership elearning site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by luke81, Jan 17, 2011.

Hi, everyone,

I'm in the process of putting together a paid membership site. I envision it as having the following features:

1. A "paying members only" elearning section with a series of modules. (Paying for the course allows lifetime access to course materials).
    2. A private wiki and forums only for paying members.
    3. Forums that are open to the public. Paying members should also be able to post on these forums using their course member account.
    4. A blog/news page that I will post to.
    5. A front page and sales pages to talk about the product.

I am considering using WordPress + BuddyPress + some sort of membership plugin. I would like the membership plugin to automatically give access to registration and the course after students have paid. (Any recommendations for this membership plugin?)

Does this sound like a feasible plan using WP, or is there a simpler way for me to go about putting this site together? I have had some people say that WordPress isn't the best CMS to use, that instead I should use Drupal or Joomla. I am open to suggestions. My main concerns are that this be relatively simple – I prefer to use plugins and the like than to have to learn how to code things.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. I have been a long-time reader of digitalpoint, but finally decided to register to ask this question.

luke81, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  2. drupal4u

drupal4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello mate,

I suggest you to go for Drupal + Atutor. Drupal can be used for membership,payments and ubercart and Atutor can be used for Elearning modules. This is better combination for you.

I would like to work for you. Please contact me if you interested with the proposal.

Awaiting. have a nice day :)

Thanks, Raja

drupal4u, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  3. drupal4u

drupal4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello mate ,

Please contact me in skype : c.raja696

We shall discuss. Thanks

drupal4u, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  4. rajvrmxx

rajvrmxx Banned

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to go for Joomla, it will be ok for membership type of website.

rajvrmxx, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  5. NemoChu

NemoChu Guest

Best Answers:
    You could also try Bloomfire. No plugins required. No coding required. And free. If you need help, ping me and I could help you out. I work there.

NemoChu, Feb 11, 2011 IP