1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Choosing an optimal name...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by x-munki, Apr 29, 2010.

Hey ppl,

I'm new to the forums and just working on my first online infoproduct business at the moment. I'm almost finished with the product creation phase, but still stuck with a decision of which "pen name" to choose (the one i'll market myself and my first product with). I would use my real name, but i feel my surname is waaay too complicated for ideal marketing purposes. So, i guess i should keep my first name, but switch my surname with a more optimal choice. I already have some pointers here:

It must be:
    - easy to remember
    - easy to spell
    - easy to pronounce
    - unique???

Now, what i'm a bit confused about is the following - should i choose one of the more rare/unique names (not much searches on Google) OR one of the more common ones? I guess a more rare name would "brand" me better. What do you think? Pros and cons?

tnx :)

x-munki, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  2. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do a lot of writing and publishing on ezine and I use a four letter first name and a five letter last name which are unique and easy to remember and spell.

One syllable in each name.

Romanorc, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  3. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    It's also common to name your business after a good domain name you own (especially since whatever business name you take is what you'll want as the .com)

Pixelrage, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  4. Biz Builder

Biz Builder Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a topic I have researched well...

Bob Marley, Elvis Presley, John Lennon:

In history it's a fact one syllable first name , two for the second is very easy to remember...

Biz Builder, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  5. ExitLinks

ExitLinks Peon

Best Answers:
    I am quite proficient at branding and would love to help you out. Shoot me a PM and i'll give you some suggestions

ExitLinks, Apr 29, 2010 IP
  6. paintpoint

paintpoint Guest

Best Answers:
    it be better if you tell what is your business.

paintpoint, Apr 29, 2010 IP