1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Circular logos are challenging

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by islandmix, Apr 11, 2009.

Hmm... ok... i have a circular logo on my site and it has always been a decide on wether i want to put the URL text on the bottom top or side.. any suggestions on what type of things i can do

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/

islandmix, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  2. Roman_Only

Roman_Only Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you try curving the text around the circle? You could do it easily in Photoshop or Imageready.

Roman_Only, Apr 11, 2009 IP
  3. Graphicary

Graphicary Active Member

Best Answers:
    The most obvious thing to do, as Roman_Only suggested, would be to curve the URL around the logo. Personally I'd probably put it on the side of the logo. I'd put it on the left side since people generally read from left to right so it would be natural for them to look at the left side of your logo first and see your URL. I'd use a good solid font like Impact or some other blocky type font just for contrast since your logo is round to begin with and has that curvy line in it. That will help to make your URL stand out even more since it will lack any real curves.

By the way, I like the logo you've got. Nice and simple and visually appealing. Good job whoever did it.

Graphicary, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  4. leetmindz

leetmindz Active Member

Best Answers:
    definitly curve the url under the logo using paths in photoshop. Contrary to the reply before mine id use a pixel font, or a small clear arial font as it's more of a addon to the design rather then a visual selling point of the design. If u use a blocky text and put it to the left you'll have to change the code, and it'll also steal away from the design of the logo (which is very nice btw)

leetmindz, Apr 13, 2009 IP