1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Circumvent DIGG Ban by IP?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Claymation, Oct 29, 2009.

Anybody know how to get around the Digg ban by IP?
    I'd like to start fresh with a clean account, but can't register from my main PC with a fixed IP.
    Some competitors marked many of my old postings as spam (even those that were not), so that's where I sit.

I know some will state "use a proxy", but I'm not sure how safe these are, or reputable (free) services to accomplish that.

Claymation, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  2. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a hardware firewall, change its MAC address in the WAN port, then turn it off for about an hour. This should cause the DHCP server to give your hardware firewall a new IP address.

If your not using a hardware firewall - change the network card or dialup modem. This will change the MAC address and you should get a new IP address from the DHCP server.

Or just go through a proxy.

~kev~, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  3. toureen

toureen Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to have the same prob with DIGG so I called my ISP to change my connection from static to dynamic, turning off the modemn for an hour or two gives me new IP afterwards.;)

toureen, Oct 29, 2009 IP