1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS ArticleLive by interspire, experience?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by hexengon, Apr 28, 2008.

so im looking for a simple CMS that will help me post/sort/manage articles w/ functions such as article rating & comments

anyone have experience with ArticleLive by Interspire,
    is there support timely? are there other CMS that will be able to perform the neccesary functions that you would recommend?

I am looking for one that is not template based - ie, not something like joomla, not a portal system!

thanks

hexengon, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  2. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    ArticleLive is a decent script with all basic features.

The support was very good earlier. But now, it's taking little time to reply (but they do reply, they seem to be good folks), may be because they are tied up with development of their latest version.

Their default templates are also okay. 5 or 6 templates to choose from.

What you are aiming to do with your site ? I mean, if you are thinking about growing it too big, then you may need to rethink about ArticleLive. I feel it's a good script upto small & medium traffic websites.

Suri.CMS, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  3. hexengon

hexengon Banned

Best Answers:
    im not sure yet how big the site will be..or how much traffic it will
    get in the future, but what do you recommend for an all versatile script that can handle it all..?

hexengon, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  4. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Ooops ! I am also searching for near perfect script for last 6 months and did not reach a conclusion yet. Every script seems to lack something somewhere ...;)

As of this moment, based on my extensive analysis - I recommend DRUPAL (Free) / ExpressionEngine (Paid)

But they do have small problems.

DRUPAL 6 (latest version) is with lack of modules and themes. So you may need to use DRUPAL 5.7 version for some time until all module development gets done for DRUPAL 6.

ExpressionEngine - Looks good in features, but you need to build your own template.

Suri.CMS, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  5. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I looked pretty close at the script. I didn't care for the templates that were available. And their market niche seems to be focusing on Adsense as a revenue model, which is something I'm not interested in. To me it looked like a good platform for the people that just want to copy and paste tons of articles and try and do MFA. This is not to say it isn't very good at what it is made for - it looks like it may be the best tool out there for that kind of site. I believe there are more versatile tools for better looking CMS Sites. I've taken a liking to the New Joomla 1.5 which I found a little difficult to figure out how to find tune everything at first. And there are still features (Mainly settings) I am not completely familiar with... but the extensions and available templates are quite good.

My biggest complaint with Joomla is that everything doesn't always work and I've had to get plenty of help from the tech support people at the host I'm using for Joomla Sites.

internetmarketingiq, May 1, 2008 IP