1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS customisation needed

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by WeNeedAffiliates, Mar 6, 2008.

WeNeedAffiliates, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  2. MrGamma

MrGamma Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people might argue with me... but do not rely on Joomla or Drupal for your enterprise solution...

Joomla has serious crawlability and duplicate content issues out of the box... most of the ones I have come across anyways... Drupal is slightly better but they have security issues... if you go with drupal expect to hire someone to keep it upgraded and maintained... if you grow in size... expect to get hacked if you have enemies...

vb forums I believe are commercial... your protected a little more from what I know... I would certainly choose VB over phpBB in a heart beat...

IN any event... what do you need to integrate??? I would advise you not to begin hack and slashing at the core php frameworks of either application but rather keep them entirely separate applications glued together by the style presentation layer only...

That way you save money... a whole lot of it... and you keep things relatively simple... modifying two applications to appear like they look like each other at the CSS HTML level is a lot easier and alot safer then merging two completely different programs together... and unless someone can jump in and say they have successfully done it with a downloadable plug and play integration add-on... do not believe for a second that the ones that are out there are any good at all... I have downloaded and played with a fair share of them to know they are hacks at best...

MrGamma, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  3. WeNeedAffiliates

WeNeedAffiliates Peon

Best Answers:
    so what you suggest.. how should we move ahead?

Sam

WeNeedAffiliates, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  4. MrGamma

MrGamma Peon

Best Answers:
    find a designer to design the site... look at their portfolio to be certain they can live upto your expectations... give them a few example websites you like and a few you don't tell them why... make sure your designer knows who you are and what your all about...

Then get your functionality requirements written on paper... line by line... everything you absolutely require to get your website up running and launched... scale back on the frills... worry about being revolutionary with the next phase of your project... find a developer who will meet the requirements... meet them in person...

realize that there are essentially two types of developers... hit and run install once types who will meet your requirements... and never speak to you again... and other developers who will work with you over time until they burn out and then never speak to you again...

time => money => quality...

only two will ever be working in your favor...

MrGamma, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  5. WeNeedAffiliates

WeNeedAffiliates Peon

Best Answers:
    you mean to develop our own CMS ?

Sam

WeNeedAffiliates, Mar 7, 2008 IP