1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS for a big anime website | 10,000 videos +

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by hardcore-, Dec 27, 2008.

I want to know what a good CMS would be for a anime streaming website...

I want it so that it can stream videos from Veoh etc.

and to embed it should have tags like [veoh]

It should also have cache and other stuff.

Any suggestions?

hardcore-, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  2. inaga

inaga Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use wordpress ;).

inaga, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  3. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're streaming from another website your website really isn't technically very big at all, so you could go for whatever you like the look of the best really - Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, make your own... all good. :)

Astroman, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  4. CommonDavid

CommonDavid Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're going to stream from Veoh, Youtube or Blip it's super easy with Drupal http://drupal.org/project/emfield

But if you plan on streaming your own media, it will be expensive. We just put it in for a larger website and the streaming company charged $3k/year just fyi.

We use Drupal for all solutions such as the one you're pursuing. Let me know if you have any other questions.

CommonDavid, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  5. NeoAkira

NeoAkira Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal fit better to this kind of site than Wordpress. You have also many possibilities to create a nice community around your site, if you want to.
    The emfield module that CommonDavid recommends already supports YouTube, Google, Blip.TV, Revver, MySpace, MetaCafe, Last.fm, JumpCut, BrightCove, SevenLoad, Spike TV, Daily Motion, Veoh, Vimeo, Tudou, imeem, Guba, and Live Video video formats. More are planned to be supported soon. An API allows other third party video providers to be supported using simple include files and provided hooks. You have plenty of possibilities with this module alone.

NeoAkira, Dec 29, 2008 IP