1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS for a database that allows reviews, kind of like a restaurant review site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by eunuch, Dec 13, 2009.

Hi:

I want to create a small website that contains a database of businesses from a certain county.

Ideally, I'd want a CMS that allows me to store information about said businesses in different fields (name, type of business, address, phone, village, etc), so people could do advanced searches. Also it would be nice if people could rate, comment and rate other people's comments (useful or not, like Amazon for example).

I don't need blog stuff because the front page would most likely be static.

What's a good CMS for that? I was wondering if there was anything aimed, for example, to restaurant review sites, because functionally it would be almost exactly the same.

Thanks in advance.

eunuch, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  2. river

river Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check out joomla. I know they have member accounts and review components you can add to your site.

river, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  3. eunuch

eunuch Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I'm checking it now. However, the part I'm more concerned about is allowing the user to do advanced searches.

eunuch, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  4. glorykid

glorykid Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use wordpress, joomla, or drupal. If you want your website to be very high end then I would go with joomla. If you just want a simple review site go with wordpress.

glorykid, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  5. goy

goy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress have a very advance rating star system to install as a plug in almost to advanced.

goy, Dec 16, 2009 IP