1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS for City Guide website

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ProZero, May 13, 2012.

Hey everyone,

I have a question concerning Content Management Systems, more specifically: which one would be the best for me? Till now I have always created my websites in notepad, but my newest project (150 pages), although I already finished it, is actually too big for notepad. I encounter problems when I want to add an item to my menu (I've to change all of the 150 pages then) and when I want to add a 'Facebook like' button at the bottom of every page I have to manually put it there, 150 times.

Background information on the city guide website:
    It's a website about (for example) London. I listed the most important information about hotels, sightseeing, museums, bicycle tours, entertainment, restaurants, cafes, public transport etc. It is a true city guide, not a website that I just want to make money with, the website is really informative and there is a lot of genuine information on it. I want to give it a professional look but I also want some space to put Adsense ads. The problem with most Content Management Systems is that visitors for example see 'written by author on.. blah blah' - that is NOT what I want, I don't want it to look like a blog but like a real website. I also don't need an 'archive' or a 'comments' section.

I am looking for a CMS that:
    - W3C valid
    - SEO friendly (structured URLs and headings etc.)
    - Navigation-Menu must be easy to modify (add or delete menu items so that I don't have to it 150 times but just 1 time for all pages)
    - Footer that is the same on every page
    - Has breadcrumb lists
    - Google Adsense and affiliates from Booking.com must be easy to implement
    - Has own themes or is easy to build in a existing HTML website
    - Makes use of an organized site structure: london-tourism.com/hotels/governor-hotel (this is something that I do not use right now)

Does there exist something like this? I already have a template/layout for my website but I'm not that happy with it so I might want to buy a fresh template. I don't want the website to be filled with useless information, I want it too be organized.

I hope I provided you guys with enough information to help me. Thanks in advance. :)

ProZero, May 13, 2012 IP