1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS for client text updates only: no forums or blogs

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Hurstool, Aug 9, 2006.

I work for a marketing firm that designs and codes websites for our clients. Several clients in the past have asked if there is any way that they could make updates to their sites after we have it coded and running. We have one client that uses Macromedia Contribute, but I haven't been wowed by that software at all.

I did a training session with one of our huge clients that owns Sitemaker, and was very impressed. However, I was told it was extemely expensive and that you really need to know ColdFusion to get the site up and running in the beginning, and I don't know CF. I hand code HTML and can do a little javascripting. This client told me that they had heard good things about Hot Banana, but there isn't a lot of info on their website.

So: recommend to me your favorite CMS software that will let me set up the website with the knowledge I have, and let the customer edit the text without messing up the design of the site.

Edited to add: It has to be extremely flexible in what the site can look like. I'm working with an Art Director! LOL

TIA.

Hurstool, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  2. Hurstool

Hurstool Peon

Best Answers:
    After doing some research, I am wondering whether I actually need a full CMS system. Someone recommended flyspeck.net to me. It works with HTML that I already have coded, no need to redo within that program. Anyone have any experience with this program?

Hurstool, Aug 14, 2006 IP