1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS for CMS Newbie

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Rivers, Jan 23, 2008.

Hi everyone. I am looking for a CMS that is easy to install, manage, and understand. I know a bit about web design, but I don't know much about servers and hosts and all that hardware stuff. I just need a CMS that would create pages with words on it. That's it. Any suggestions?

Rivers, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  2. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla or Drupal ...... both involve a bit learning!

gsv13, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  3. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress,the most popular cms.

Richie_Ni, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  4. drcode

drcode Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you want to do down the road. Word press is nice, but it's more of a blog in my opinion. Joomla is much more extensible. Installation is fairly easy. You do need to be able to use an FTP program and be able to change permissions.

I have no experience with drupal.

My website was put together with all freeware and based on Joomla. It has paid and free members areas,front or back-end content creation and editing, and I can change the look and feel in about 5 minutes if I want.

-------- Subtle Ad
    My paid area has about 2 hours of video of me setting up the site from buying the domain name to the blank joomla site. I plan on adding video on the membership management and other enhancements soon.
    -------- End Subtle Ad

Michael
    michael@MyInternetTutorials.com

drcode, Jan 24, 2008 IP