1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS For Family Website

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by abjones116, Aug 11, 2013.

Good Morning All,

I am interested in setting up a website for my family, predominately information pertaining about the family, a place to connect and a place to register for our reunions which happen about every two years. My family is quite large however, we have more youth so migrating to web-based I think is a perfect solution for us to help stay connected in between the reunions.

Anyways, my question goes as far as what is the best CMS you would recommend for trying to accomplish what I am trying to do. I have experience with CMS's, however, my experience is outdated but I should be able to accomplish the task.

I've looked at Drupal and CiviCRM with being able to register and signup for events, contribute, etc - but the major features that I would like are:
    1. Forums (which comes with pretty much all of the major CMS)
    2. Photo Gallery (a simple module)
    3. Registration for Reunions
    4. Any other web-family oriented modules that would fit nicely
    I appreciate everyone's help.

abjones116, Aug 11, 2013 IP
  2. Arindam Roy

Arindam Roy Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I think WordPress is the best suited for you. First of all, it's free as well as user friendly.There are many plugins available in WordPress.
    Just like:
    For forums you can download bbPress software which is developed by the creators of WordPress.
    For photo gallery you can use theme
    And there are many features available which might be solved your requirements.

Arindam Roy, Aug 12, 2013 IP
  3. ErnieB

ErnieB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also recommend wordpress. Very easy to install and use and with all the available plugins and themes you can have it do anything you want with ease

ErnieB, Aug 24, 2013 IP
  4. bcdxer

bcdxer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is easy to customize and modify with lot of themes and plugins.......

bcdxer, Sep 20, 2013 IP