1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS for magazine "2.0"?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by simice, Mar 29, 2007.

I'm trying to decide which CMS to use for a (mostly) user-generated online magazine. That is, all users will be able to write articles, comment on other users' articles, upload pictures for their articles and rate articles. The most recent, popular or relevent articles should be searchable.

I also would also like editorials, product reviews (both editor reviews and user reviews) etc.

Can this be achieved with either Joomla or Drupal? I was thinking perhaps wordpressMU, but I feel is does not have enough functionality to cope with product reviews and does not have a magazine feel. I have no previous experience with either Joomla, Drupal or Wordpress, but I have a good knowledge of php/MySQL and I don't mind spending time learning a CMS. Or perhaps there's another CMS I've overlooked?

All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

simice, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  2. Xangis

Xangis Active Member

Best Answers:
    It can be done with Joomla, Drupal, Xoops, PostNuke -- just about every content management system supports user-created content.

Xangis, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  3. simice

simice Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply! I didn't realise that so many content management systems could support user-generated content.

After more research I've decided to go with Joomla because of the large number of plugins and templates on offer.

simice, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  4. pj1s

pj1s Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check out demos of alot of CM systems a opensourcecms.com if your choice of Joomla doesn't work out for you.

Besides the above recommended I'd take a look a e107 - which is very easy to work with.

pj1s, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  5. maroon_cool

maroon_cool Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is my advice.I worked with this CMS for a long time period and is one of the best!You have a lots of extensions to choose from and you can find a lots of templates(skins).

maroon_cool, Mar 30, 2007 IP