1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS for my needs

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by coolamazer, Feb 11, 2009.

Hi all,

I was thinking of starting a new site.Please suggest me which CMS to go with
    Here are my requirements

1. Must be able to easy to add and edit articles as my website will cater to business news
    2. Ease of use other than article management is not much of an issue as i am a quick learner and i have experience with wordpress and little experience in drupal
    3. I need to allow users to guest post (Subjected to my approval though)
    4. Must have rss feeds
    5. Nice layout and design (Will be hiring a freelancer for working on my home page template. Just to make it a bit easy for him/her)
    6. Must be SEO friendly
    7. I like entrepreneur.com. How do they create that? I mean are they using any cms or custom built?
    8. I wont be providing and videos other than maybe embedding them from youtube or so
    9. Must possess search within website feature
    10. Must be lighter on the resources. I am planning to use the grid service of mediatemple.net. they allow some 1000GPUS. Note sure though. Read here

http://mediatemple.net/webhosting/gs/faq.php#63

My maximum budget is 300$ for the design, CMS fee if any and customization.

Please suggest one

coolamazer, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  2. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:
    only for articles you wanna have it ? if so I`m using article friendly on my small article directory and its working nice . Actually the curent theme is converted by me from one free worpress theme lol :) ....

trustnobodynever, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  3. coolamazer

coolamazer Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also like to implement adsense on my website

I would also provide service like business plan writing.

Btw is there a plugin in wordpress which allows tracking of affiliates like the affiliate's of web hosting companies?

Overall a news website+ my personal business

i may integrate a forum afterward

4. geakerson

geakerson Peon

Best Answers:
    I would think Wordpress would be the easiest

geakerson, Feb 11, 2009 IP
  5. coolamazer

coolamazer Peon

Best Answers:
    I also had the same thoughts but searching over google i could find many news article scripts like phpcow etc. But the problem is that If they have 10 plus, they have 10 minus points too.

I might go for wordpress but still any suggestions? Apart from wordpress should i consider type pad or expression engine etc