1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cms for static page

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by nickyj83, Dec 8, 2010.

Basically i have a website which is all static, but need something which can update text on certain pages.

So for example the home page, instead of having text it would be some kind of code linking to cms so that when i editited the page or text via cms it would display on my static website. Kinda like rss but need to display the whole post and be able to edit the post in the future!

nickyj83, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  2. LisaJones

LisaJones Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't it easier to re-create a site using one of the CMSs?

LisaJones, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  3. nickyj83

nickyj83 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably but i have a template i like, but havent found anything similar with cms. Also some of the pages need not to have a sidebar and for me it is easier to do thiss with dreamweaver than edit a cms template which i have no clue!

nickyj83, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  4. guardian999

guardian999 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need site/html builder?

guardian999, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  5. nickyj83

nickyj83 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have dreamweaver! I have a static site which needs parts of it edited by content management, is it possible by putting code on my static page to dispaly CMS content!?

nickyj83, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  6. sanyi007

sanyi007 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you would be better off to just import all your html to a cms-s database, then design the cms-s output to your liking, so you can easily manage your articles. If your htmls used the same template, then with a html parser or a preg match you can get all your needed details and save them to your cms (like drupal) database with a php loop.

sanyi007, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  7. 706design

706design Guest

Best Answers:
    I would suggest either finding a similar theme for WordPress or convert your current theme for WordPress. You could also use FeedBurner and BuzzBoost to publish an RSS feed as HTML on a static page (allowing you to use any free online blogging service to publish pages via RSS feeds). I would be happy to work with you to convert the template to run on WordPress or to set up FeedBurner and BuzzBoost... Check out 706design.net or email me.

706design, Dec 15, 2010 IP
  8. moneynetbus

moneynetbus Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a newbie on this forum, so I can't post any links. But I am a reseller for a cms that you just insert some php code into your existing html website template. It is actually a shopping cart cms, but it works really well with static page sites aswell. I use it for all my clients websites, some how 5 pages others have about 100. PM me and I can give you more details.

moneynetbus, Dec 16, 2010 IP