1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS / Forum requirement for niche gaming website

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by maxwolfie, Mar 21, 2012.

Hi, I currently own and run an existing niche gaming called Hack, Slash, Repeat (Google it). The backbone of the site is a phpBB forum where members can talk about popular games that fall under the subgenre of dungeon crawler style games such as Diablo. I currently have a portal script which is in essence just a phpBB modification. Both the forum and, moreso the portal are very limiting. phpBB to me lacks the style and aesthetics which I need and the portal is extremely limited in terms of customization and options.

Basically I want to retain a forum as the backbone of the website, but have a CMS as the front page that will look similar to the N4G site (Google it), but have actual games listed instead of PC, XBOX, PSP etc (as there will only be perhaps 10 main games, the rest can fall under another section called Other Games). Once you click on a game, I want news, polls, announcements, a latest thread, a popular thread list. 95% (or all) of the data on each page should be pulled from that particular game forum. All content that is visible on the front page will go into a moderation queue where we will approve entries before they are visible on the main page.

At this point I am taking suggestions for what CMS to use and what forum script to use. Ideally I'd like (actually, I'd want) the two to operate seamlessly and look as though they are part of the same website. It would be great if the forum could perhaps load in a frame to retain either the top or left, or both, menus or navigation links.

Any ideas or suggestions on the above?

maxwolfie, Mar 21, 2012 IP