1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS Good For Clients?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by gobbly2100, Mar 31, 2009.

Hey all,

I have a fair few clients now that I have made all static websites for which they are all very happy with but I now want to offer more dynamic services but wondered what CMS would be best that would allow my clients to edit pages but not too much else.

Basicaly giving them some control without them needing to get rid of me as such?

I am currently looking at Drupal but not sure yet if I am able to control permissions and such for people with it.

Any suggestions or advice on using a CMS for clients would be much appreciated.

gobbly2100, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  2. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    i do offer my client different rate for CMS, if they want i give them access but only limited (post or simple stuff), if they have full access, one day their itchy hand going to brake something which take your time to solve it cause i found 80% of their complaint on bug or error is human make error not script .....

I created all my client site with CMS base without their knowledge, in the other word, no matter how much they pay, i still do the cms way, is easy for me to do future update and minor mod ...

SonnyCooL, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  3. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla and Wordpress will both work fine. Depends on the scope of the project. From an end user standpoint both are easy to maintain.

You may also want to consider Expression Engine if you want a paid support solution to get yourself out of the loop. You can pass the charge off as a consulting fee.

internetmarketingiq, Mar 31, 2009 IP