1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS Needed For Product Listing

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by jiffy_man, May 26, 2009.

Hi,

I am looking into Joomla and Drupal for extensions where I could list 6-8 products on my main page and have categories on the side. Each product would have reviews and visitors are allowed to write about them. I am not selling the product on the site. It's a review site and has affiliate links to the merchant.

Can anyone recommend an extensions or templates I could use for this?

Thanks in advance!

jiffy_man, May 26, 2009 IP
  2. pod

pod Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a thought... you could use a cart system like CubeCart for this and just disable the "order product" option... seems like it has all the particular features you are looking for plus the obvious one that you are not.

Alternatively it seems any standard "links" or "downloads" module would do - most of these have the ability for visitors to leave comments ("reviews") and link to an external page...

If you are not sold on Joomla or Drupal you could easily use XOOPS for this (www.xoops.org) - I would use the WebLinks module from Happy Linux - very easy to tweak to suit your specific needs, and seems like it would serve this project well.

HTH!

pod, May 31, 2009 IP
  3. antpeks

antpeks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    joomla has a virtuemarkt plugin that could be used for it.

Peter

antpeks, May 31, 2009 IP