1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS or Threaded Forum?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by stallican, Sep 11, 2008.

I have a client that sells electronics. We are planning on building a help-related site for the items that he sells. You know, tips on configuring the vcr's, answering machines etc.

I m looking for input on content format.

There are basically 2 ways we can go with this. A drupal CMS site where we have a page for each unit that is sold, such that we can have others post their comments, and the store tech guys post support related articles.

The other option is a threaded forum such as DP. The option I am pushing for. I see a lot more great tips, with less work on our part.

What are your thoughts on this? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

stallican, Sep 11, 2008 IP
  2. Sunlust

Sunlust Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if a forum is a better way to be honest, with Drupal (I would use Joomla to be honest) you can organise content into categories etc, a forum for me is a mess, but it's your choice, maybe give users a choice?

Just my 5 cents.

Sunlust, Sep 12, 2008 IP
  3. New Squirrel

New Squirrel Peon

Best Answers:
    You could go with drupal or joomla as main site and add a forum to it if you want

New Squirrel, Sep 12, 2008 IP