1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS powered website, combined with CakePHP flexibility. Is there such animal at all?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by MrBeanBG, Aug 27, 2013.

I love to use CakePHP for my projects. The speed of doing something custom is by far the best one that I was experienced(did not used RoR though, CakePHP is the PHP variant of RoR).

So what I want really is to combine the flexibility and the development speed process of CakePHP and the convenience of the existing and well known CMS (Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla etc)

Have you guys been able to do that? Please share how and eventually give some tips. Thanks!

MrBeanBG, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  3. MrBeanBG

MrBeanBG Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Nigel!

I was having some little experience with Croogo. Many people are saying Croogo is the best CakePHP CMS out there. I was using that before 2-3 years ago and I should say it can not event get closer to the let say Wordpress Media Managment. Croogo might be little more mature now. I'll check it again.

However I was wondering if someone else was able to create CakePHP "module"(backend and frontend) and embed that in Wordpress or Drupal. Wordpress and Drupal are very convenient when it comes to a not tech user editing and creating pages, managing menus, media files and etc. I know there were some CakePHP "bridges", but I was not able to find more info/documentation/how-to/examples for them. And I am wondering if someone else already did that? Or perhaps we should really look at the CakePHP CMSs? :)

MrBeanBG, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not entirely sure really. Less the coding ease itself I don't follow why someone would want to do that. You have a bit of a session hurdle.

Aside from Drake I don't see anything floating around that is at all useful here.

Here is a quick bit of info pertaining to letting them speak together(WP that is)
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7307722/access-wordpress-session-from-cake-php-site

hope that helps, I am a bit out of my element here.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Aug 27, 2013 IP