1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS question

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by TonyW, May 28, 2006.

Has anyone had expirence with SEO and the Integramod portal or phpBB might also work. Integramod is just a really hacked version of phpBB. Right now I am using Joomla, but everything I need isn't available and I don't know enough php to make something.

Thanks

TonyW, May 28, 2006 IP
  2. nvidura

nvidura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What does integermod do?

nvidura, May 29, 2006 IP
  3. Angelus

Angelus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just make mod_rewrite for your forum?
    sorry if I missed the point, didn't really got the question :)

p.l.u.r.

Angelus, May 29, 2006 IP
  4. Namesniper

Namesniper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are only a few CMS which are good SEO optimized and Joomla os not the best one

Namesniper, May 29, 2006 IP
  5. TonyW

TonyW Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a CMS based off phpBB. Its nothing special really, just easy to use IMHO. Also being just a hacked version of phpBB with a bunch of mods already done theres tons more that can be used easily.

I didn't think of that. I was just wondering if anyone has expirence with integramod and what kind of results they got SEO wise.

Any suggestions? The site is just being setup so what I have done so far can be ported to something else quite easily.

Maybe if I explain what I want to accomplish it would make it easier to get help. My site will have 3 main features. The first being a knowlegebase where tutorials can be written. Second is a listing of companies by state for people to be able to contact. Lastly I would like a script that works like the gas price trackers where people can post how much they paid and such(It would be modded for my personal application then displayed into the CMS). The last thing is the hardest to find. Maybe I am looking for the wrong kind of script but theres nothing I have found yet. I know thats going to be an external script.

p.s. sorry for the double post.

TonyW, May 29, 2006 IP
  6. Namesniper

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if i can post links here ?

"Lastly I would like a script that works like the gas price trackers where people can post how much they paid and such(It would be modded for my personal application then displayed into the CMS). "

That one rarely would be found in any pre made CMS but you can hire a programmer to add such a feature to a CMS

Namesniper, May 30, 2006 IP
  7. TonyW

TonyW Peon

Best Answers:
    I know theres probably no CMSs with one built in but I can't even find a stand alone script.

TonyW, May 31, 2006 IP
  8. Namesniper

Best Answers:
    Then maybe you should order one at rentacoder or at some other freelancer website ?
    It shouldnt cost you much

Namesniper, May 31, 2006 IP
  9. Technology

Technology Guest

Best Answers:
    Search for mod rewrite for your forum. It will come as a plugin with installation. Upload the given .htaccess and Done.

Technology, Jun 1, 2006 IP