1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS that Allows Offering Blogs to Site Visitors?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by jhmattern, Oct 9, 2006.

On one of the site's I'm developing, I want to be able to allow members of the site to have their own blog. Is there a CMS that I can use that makes this relatively easy to do, or will one of the basic blog platforms work?

jhmattern, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  2. Hopper

Hopper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends how many you need.

Wordpress can be set up for a few multi users, however if you need say 100 or so, you will have to install Wordpress MU (MultiUsers), this isnt quite as straight forward as wordpress.

I use Mambo (but not 4:6 - latest release is not so stable at the moment!) with mamblog & community builder mambots.

Its all about what your comfortable with.

Hopper, Oct 9, 2006 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. :) That looks like it's about what I'd need. I'm not worried about figuring out the setup. I usually manage. And I'll probably consider hiring someone to integrate it with the actual website if that's possible with WP.

Jenn

jhmattern, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  4. psychotronic

psychotronic Peon

Best Answers:
    why not use joomla?
    it has several solution for your need, like community builder and joomblog

psychotronic, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I can't stand Joomla. There's just a certain "look" (not really sure how else to explain it) about every single Joomla site I've seen (with the same obvious mods and add-ons) that I just don't like. WordPress is what I'm currently moving other blogs to, away from Blogger, and I like them so far, so since they have a group option, I think it'll be ideal. :)

jhmattern, Oct 10, 2006 IP