1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS that creates editable database and exports XML for in InDesign document

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by robcub, Apr 12, 2010.

Hello,

I have had a query from a client that wants an intranet where people from their organization from all over the world can input various entries of various fields (maybe 30 different fields, text fields, dropdowns, image uploads). And the information can be entered into a DB which can then be centrally edited by a main editor. And then the information can be spat out into an InDesign document.

WordPress is my main CMS of choice but I don't think it's best for this as, afaik, the plugins Gravity Forms and cForms don't allow for that second layer of editing?

I wonder if anyone knows an off the peg solution for this.

Thanks.

robcub, Apr 12, 2010 IP
  2. cubicaaron

cubicaaron Guest

Best Answers:
    If you're used to Wordpress then why change? The latest version, 3.0 offers as much as you need.

Create custom post types with custom taxonomies, then give your editors an appropriate author level where they post to drafts.
    Your central editor can then finalise them and publish!

Easy!

cubicaaron, Aug 9, 2010 IP