1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CMS to another CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by pcz, May 29, 2009.

I have php fusion 6 now and I want to convert my site to joomla.

I would like to know if I will loose my ranking on google taking into consideration that 99% of the SE visits are going to my main page only (= only my homepage ranks good in Google)

All that will be changed will be the design and the codes. Text stays the same. Does that affect google?

pcz, May 29, 2009 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you change something you introduce new data to the crawl bots. So who knows. I have changed sites from static HTML sites to Joomla and not lost ranking at all.

My recommendation would be to install joomla into a directory folder... get it all set up and working. Then when you are ready to transition move your entire existing site to another folder (just in case) and then move your joomla installation to the root level. Pretty easy to do with cPanel. The only thing you have to be careful of is images and absolute path reference. So just get the text in, then move then add anything after the move.

internetmarketingiq, May 29, 2009 IP
  3. pcz

pcz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you for this. It really helps me

pcz, May 30, 2009 IP